Wednesday 20 February 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#24)

 
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feauture hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine thaat spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.  Here's mine for this week!


Title: The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed #1)
Author: Page Morgan
Publisher: Random House (Delacorte)
Released: 14th May 2013

After a bizarre accident, Ingrid Waverly is forced to leave London with her mother and younger sister, Gabby, trading a world full of fancy dresses and society events for the unfamiliar city of Paris.

In Paris there are no grand balls or glittering parties, and, disturbingly, the house Ingrid’s twin brother, Grayson, found for them isn’t a house at all. It’s an abandoned abbey, its roof lined with stone gargoyles that could almost be mistaken for living, breathing creatures.

And Grayson has gone missing.

No one seems to know of his whereabouts but Luc, a devastatingly handsome servant at their new home.

Ingrid is sure her twin isn’t dead—she can feel it deep in her soul—but she knows he’s in grave danger. It will be up to her and Gabby to navigate the twisted path to Grayson, a path that will lead Ingrid on a discovery of dark secrets and otherworldly truths. And she’ll learn that once they are uncovered, they can never again be buried.



First of all, *cough* cover love *cough; clears throat* Sorry about that.  Now where was I?  Something about the cover, you say?  No, I think you're mistaken  We're not supposed to judge books by their covers, and I can't tell you how many disappointments I've had, thinking a book will live up to its cover.  No, what I was going to say was, gargoyles.  London.   Paris.   Gargoyles. *grabby hands*

...

...

OK, fine.  I was totally staring at that cover.  Happy?  Now you stop staring, and let me know what you're waiting on! :P

5 comments:

  1. Doesn't this sound great? I'm looking forward to reading it too, though I've decided it's probably better to lower my expectations while I can. You know how these things can turn out. ;) And hey, good news, this is being published in the UK! It should be cheaper to get hold of now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam, don't jinx this ;)

    I like this beautiful cover and I also love that the setting of the story is in Paris. And like you, I can't resist a mystery that has gargoyles... and who won't want to read a book that has a devastatingly handsome servant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is beautiful lol. This book sounds appealing and is new to me so thanks for sharing Aa'Ishah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aa'Ishah I agree the cover to this book is simply gorgeous, but I love how that's not the only thing this book has going for it, the premise sounds absolutely fantastic! An awesome pick A! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly Aa'Ishah!Where the hell do you find all these awesome books EVERY week?? *pouts*

    Gargoyles in Paris!And I think it's supposed to be set in the 1890s?Cooool!

    Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you all! I read every one and do my best to visit your blog in return. I look forward to hearing your thoughts! :)

Please note that this blog is now an award-free zone. I appreciate the thought, but unfortunately I just don't have the time anymore.