Wednesday 23 January 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#22)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on.  Here's mine for this week:

ACIDTitle: ACID
Author: Emma Pass
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Released: 25th April 2013

ACID - the most brutal police force in history.
They rule with an iron fist.
They see everything. They know everything.
They locked me away for life.

My crime?
They say I murdered my parents.
I was fifteen years old.

My name is Jenna Strong.





 I think it's safe to say this book has my attention.

The synopsis is really short but at the same time, it tells you just enough.  Not to mention the fact that its short length makes it much snappier.  The claim of murder and being locked away reminds me of Shatter Me, but I get the distinct feeling that that is where the similarities end.  The title is to the point, and I have to say, Jenna looks all kinds of badass there.

So.  Is April here yet? *looks expectantly*

Link me up, guys!  Let me know what you're all waiting on this week. :)



14 comments:

  1. Oh I just stumbled across this book earlier on today and I have to agree, it sounds amazing, it has a mix of so much going on that it has me super excited for it's release! Great pick Aa'Ishah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover!
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    <3 Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems to be a popular choice today! I love the sound of it and agree that cover is all kinds of badass. Hopefully this lives up to the hype. :) Great pick, Aa'Ishah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that the cover gives off a stormy feel. Jenna surely looks badass. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! This book looks fab. And the premise? Oooh, when is April?? THREE MONTHS??? NOOOO! I need this book NOW. o_O Fab pick, Aa'Ishah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I just saw this book this morning! I guess great minds think a like. It sounds like action packed wonderful! Great pick Aa'Ishah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very much looking forward to this book as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds really good. And I love the cover, she looks like she could kick some butt :) Great pick Aa'Ishah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this one the other day and I'd not seen it before, so now I'm really excited about it. I can't wait to read it. And she totally looks badass!

    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah! The cover looks super fierce, and the synopsis has be incredibly intrigued. This one sounds amazing. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention, Aa'Ishah! Fantastic choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. :O Haven't heard of this one so thanks for picking it! *adds to desperate wishlist*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um... hell to the YES PLEASE! I'd buy it without even reading the summary. The cover is fierce! And like you said, the synopsis is short, but very effective. I have huge expectations for Acid - fingers crossed it delivers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It comes out a day after my birthday!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. It comes out a day after my birthday!!! (:

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you all! I read every one and do my best to visit your blog in return. I look forward to hearing your thoughts! :)

Please note that this blog is now an award-free zone. I appreciate the thought, but unfortunately I just don't have the time anymore.