Wednesday 27 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#1!!)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we're looking forward to.  Mine this week is:

Title: What's left of me
Author: Kat Zhang
Publisher: Harper
Released: 18th September 2012

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t…

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable–hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet…for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.


Summary taken from GoodReads

Doesn't this sound amazing?  Different?  And just look at that cover!  What do you think?  Does it sound like your kind of thing?

10 comments:

  1. I've wanted to read this book for a while! It sounds quite amazing, and I love the color :)

    New GFC follower!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this as well!!! "For a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything" GAHH this could be so good, and the cover is gorgeous. I think the only book I've read where someone has two souls in one body is The Host, so I can't wait to see how this differs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you're new here! Welcome to the blogging world! :D

    I just got this on Edelweiss so I'm SO looking forward to it. Awesome pick! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I'm looking forward to reading this too! It sounds exactly like my type of book and that gorgeous cover doesn't hurt either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. EEP, yes! I've been dying to read this since I saw the cover. I love my book covers XD

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. The publisher sent me this book but I haven't started it yet. I cannot wait, I have only heard good things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this one either! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this book around everywhere! And the premise does sound amazing and that cover is awesome too! Great pick Aa'Ishah, hope you get you're hands on a copy soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover. It's beautiful but at the same time, it speaks volumes. Although I have to admit, I am a little intimidated by the two in one thing... Yeah, this one isn't much of a brave soul. Haha. Still, this should be an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING and DIFFERENT definitely sound like words to describe this! It kind of reminds me of The Host by Stephenie Meyer in a way because of the whole two-souls-in-one-body thing, and that's enough to make me intrigued! ;)

    Really awesome pick for your WOW this week, A! We'll be waiting on this together :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Please feel free to leave a comment, I love hearing from you all! I read every one and do my best to visit your blog in return. I look forward to hearing your thoughts! :)

Please note that this blog is now an award-free zone. I appreciate the thought, but unfortunately I just don't have the time anymore.